Here's a great list of the things that make fundraising work, from The Agitator at The Keys To Successful Fundraising.
Here's the list:
- An appealing case
- Competent agency management
- A reasonable objective
- A friendly, well-informed constituency
- Numerous points of contact
- An unhurried period of preparation
- An adequate scale of giving
- Substantial preliminary gifts
- Tested methods
- Competent direction
It's not magic. It's not going to solve all your problems in three easy steps. It's not going to save you from the agony of hard work (In fact, it'll probably force you to do more work). But that's how you succeed.
Study that list and your fundraising will work!